Monday, November 22, 2010

TRUMP TOWER. Skidmore, Owings and Merrill

I will admit to being concerned about the rapid changes of size that have redefined Chicago. A Twenty-First Century Scale imposed on a Nineteenth Century Plan. The Michigan Avenue Wall is out-sized and redefined by development on Wabash Avenue. Wacker Drive and the River are lined with development inconceivable in Daniel Burnham's consciousness of public space. Historic Landmarks have become.....toys within a backdrop of progress.



Still, when sunlight reflects from Trump Tower, or the Legacy, on certain evenings and mornings, and I allow myself to simply and emotionally accept a sense of beauty undefined by what I think should be right..... I find a photograph. Like this. And guess that there are no, never have been -- easy answers to the aesthetics of right and wrong.

FOR MORE CHICAGO ARCHITECTURE, PHOTOGRAPHY AND SCULPTURE VISIT

No comments:

Post a Comment